Stay tuned for new and exciting activities for Monday
Rocky Mountain Sports Camp offers three different programs.
Rocky Mountain Sports Camp ages 6 & up
Leader In Training Program (LIT) ages 12 & up
Rocky Mountain Mini's (half day) ages 4-6
It will be parent discretion on whether a 6 year old will be more comfortable in the RMSC or Mini Program. Please have a read through the detailed schedule of each one before registering. Due to coach to camper ratio, it may not be possible to move kids part way through the week.
RMSC Program ages 6 & up and
LIT Program ages 12 & up
Dates: July 15-19 (Full), July 22-26 (full), July 29-Aug 2, Aug 5-9 *We do run camp on holiday Monday*, Aug 12-16, Aug 19-23
RMSC- $325 per week
LIT program- $325 per week
This cost includes a RMSC survivor bandana
Drop-in cost for RMSC is $70 per day (no drop in for LIT program available, cost does not include a hat or t-shirt)
Camp Hours - 9am - 3:30pm
Kids must bring a life jacket everyday to camp if needed for swimming. Life jackets will be supplied on Tuesday and Thursday for boating.
Monday - Drop off and pick up at the CPR building on 4th Ave beside the tennis courts 9am-3:30pm
• Introductions, team building games, relays, slackline, yoga, swimming and more. *Lifeguard on duty*
Tuesday - Drop off and pick up at Pete’s Marina/Columbia River Paddle 9am-3:30pm
• Canoe into the wetlands, includes canoe and safety skills, learn about the ecosystems, wild life etc. *Lifeguard on duty*
Wednesday - Drop off and pick up *with bike, helmet and life jacket* at Lake Lillian 9am - 3:30pm
• Biking on the Johnson and Junior Johnson Trail with Bicycle Works certified bike staff, Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Columbia River Paddle certified staff and swimming in Lake Lillian. *Lifeguard on duty*
Thursday - Drop off and pick up at Pete’s Marina/Columbia River Paddle 9am-3:30pm
• Kayak into Lake Windermere, includes kayak and safety skills, games and tons of FUN!! *Lifeguard on duty*
Friday - Drop off and pick up at the CPR building on 4th Ave beside the tennis courts 9am-3:30pm
• Mini Olympics, Slackline, Swimming, Forest Fire Fighters come to play Capture the flag with the kids (depending on fires). *Lifeguard on duty*
The Leader in Training Program
The LIT program is designed for youth who are interested in working with children and who would like to get the experience working in a day camp. The LIT program challenges youth to develop personal leadership qualities through sport and games with the guidance from our experienced RMSC staff. With sessions on communication, teamwork, professionalism and goal-setting, campers are encouraged to explore and develop their own strengths as well as identify areas in their lives to apply these skills. The LIT’s will participate in all of the daily FUN activities while learning skills in each specific sport.
The coaches will meet with the LIT participants at the end of each day for a wrap up session and to give feedback and answer any questions. At the end of the week, each LIT camper will receive a certificate stating that they completed the LIT program.
After the completion of the LIT program, youth are then eligible to apply for a Counselor in Training position with RMSC for the summer of 2019. This is a volunteer position. Not all candidates are guaranteed a position, however we prefer to hire within our LIT graduates.
Rocky Mountain Mini Program ages 4-6
Dates: July 22-26, Aug 5-9 (full) *We do run camp on holiday Monday*, Aug 19-23
Cost: $175 per week
This cost includes a RMSC survivor bandana
Camp Hours - 9am-12pm
***It is mandatory for all Mini's to bring their own life jacket every day***
Monday - Drop off and pick up at the CPR building on 4th Ave beside the tennis courts 9am-12pm
• Introductions, team building games, relays, slackline, soccer and more.
Tuesday - Drop off and pick up at Pete’s Marina 9am-12pm
• Canoe into the wetlands, swimming, learn about the ecosystems, wild life etc. *Lifeguard on duty*
Wednesday - Drop off and pick up *with bike and helmet* at the CPR building on 4th Ave beside the tennis courts 9am-12pm
• Biking on the trails around Kinsman, swimming, games, sand castles etc. *Lifeguard on duty*
Thursday - Drop off and pick up at Pete’s Marina 9am-12pm
• Kayak into Lake Windermere, swimming, Athalmere beach, park, sand castles, games and tons of FUN!!
*Lifeguard on duty*
Friday - Drop off and pick up at the CPR building on 4th Ave beside the tennis courts 9am-12pm
• Mini Olympics, Slackline, relays and many fun games.
2019 Summer Camp Dates
July 15-19 RMSC, LIT
July 22-26 RMSC, LIT, Mini's
July 29-Aug 2 RMSC, LIT
Aug 5-9 RMSC, LIT, Mini's
Aug 12-16 RMSC, LIT
Aug 19-23 RMSC, LIT, Mini's
*We do run camp on Monday, Aug 5th*
What to Bring to Camp:
*Please have your kids show up to camp each day wearing their bathing suit under their clothes.*
Life jacket (mandatory for ALL Mini program kids and full day kids who are not strong swimmers)
Weather Appropriate Attire
Bike & Helmet (Every Wednesday every child needs their own bike. If you do not have a bike, please let us know)
LUNCH and SNACKS
*Please do not bring toys to camp*